This is a starting point. Adjust to your taste.
The slow steeping method:
For 8 ounces (225 g) of water, use 0.75 ounce (3 Tbsp) (28 g) of coarsely ground coffee.
- Grind coffee, put in jar.
- Add room temperature water.
- Stir gently, cover and let sit 18 hours at room temperature.
- Filter the brew (e.g., use a paper coffee filter & pour-over dripper) into a second container. Refrigerate.
- When serving, add water to dilute, milk product, and/or sweetener to taste, if desired.
The two minute AeroPress method:
For an 8 ounce (225 g) cold brew, use 0.64 ounce (18 g) of finely ground coffee.
- Grind coffee, put in AeroPress.
- Add room temperature water to #2.
- Stir gently for 1 minute.
- Gently press.
- Add cold water or milk product to make an 8 oz. cold brew beverage.