This is a starting point. Adjust to your taste.
For 8 ounces (225 g) of brewed coffee, use 0.4 ounces (11 g) of medium-fine ground coffee (2 Tbsp coffee).
- Boil water. Remove from heat.
- Rinse filter. Put paper filter in the dripper cone over your cup. Pour some boiled water on filter to wet to remove paper taste. Throw out the filter-rinse water in the cup.
- Grind coffee. Put in dripper.
- Bloom: Pour a little water to moisten the coffee. You’ll see it swell, rise, & bubble (CO2 is a by-product of roasting). Give it 30 seconds to finish.
- Pour the rest of the water over the grounds slowly, from center, spiraling outward.
- Savor and enjoy!